The ETA-001 is a 9.8ft long extension cable for ETM series microphones such as the ETM-001, ETM-006 or ETM-008. What’s unique about the ETA-001 is that it has a magnetic base, allowing you to mount the extension on most metal surfaces.
It also comes with a metal place that has an adhesive backing so you can still mount the ETA-001 even if you don’t have a metal surface.
The ETA-001 is perfect for:
- Placing a microphone closer to the action but keeping your camera or digital voice recorder in a safe place
- Interviews or videos where the subject is further away from the camera or recorder
- Connecting an ETM-001 microphone directly to the base and mounting it to a car or motorcycle near the exhaust
- Securing an ETM-001 microphone inside a vehicle, on a table, wherever you can imagine
- Connecting an ETM series microphone to an iOS device with the ETG-003 adapter
BONUS Tip for Using the ETA-001
You can connect any 3 pole external microphone, like those shotgun mics made by our competitors, then mount it on a pole or monopod for a DIY boom pole microphone set up! You can run the cable into your Zoom H1 or other digital voice recorder.
An H1 is great for this because it has a headphone jack so you can monitor your audio while recording… like a BOSS!